Swedish Foundations' Starting Grant
Swedish Foundations' Starting Grant was initiated by The Erling-Persson Family Foundation, the Kempe Foundations, Ragnar Söderberg Foundation and Riksbankens Jubileumsfond. The Foundation Olle Engkvist Byggmästare has joined the initiative from 2016. We address young researchers, based in Sweden, that have been scored among the best in Europe but have not received funding from the ERC Starting Grant call due to budget restraints.
Call for proposals
Application period: 10 – 24 September 2018 at 15:00 CET
Eligible applicant must have:
- applied for an ERC Starting Grant budget year 2018 (ERC-2018-StG),
- received a grade A after step 2 and the interview, but must neither have been granted funding from ERC (or elsewhere) nor be on the ERC reserve list
- a host institution in Sweden.
In addition, the applicant must also apply for the ERC Starting Grant 2019 (ERC-2019-StG) if fulfilling the eligibility criteria. The application for the Swedish Foundations´ Starting Grant should be supplemented with an ERC-2019-StG application confirmation before 25 October 2018.
- includes the level of funding applied for to the ERC (up to €1.5 million). If an additional €500,000 has been applied for and recommended approval by the ERC panel, this might also be included.
- is approved for one year at a time for up to five years, given that the grant holder continue to apply for the ERC Starting Grant (if eligible to apply). If a grant from ERC is approved, the Swedish Foundations´ Starting Grant will be discontinued.
- The five foundations have a joint information and application process. Please contact us to gain access to our web-based submission service.
- The application includes the complete ERC-StG application, the ERC evaluation report and a support letter from the head of the department. The support letter should confirm that the department is willing to support a Swedish Foundations’ Starting Grant, if the application should be approved.
- No further peer review will be performed; the ERC peer review process is sufficient.
- The decision on awarding the grants will be taken individually by each participating foundation according to their individual statutes and priorities. All further administration, such as payment and reporting, is handled by the individual foundation that has approved the grant.
Time table 2018
- 10 – 24 September at 15:00 CET Application period
- December Approved fellows will be presented